Keralan Vegetable Curry
A spicy, delicious Keralan Vegetable Curry that’s full of vitamins and goodness. This Keralan Vegetable Curry has been adapted multiple times from various recipes and here’s the one that I think works best. Enjoy!
You Will Need: (Serves 2)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 large Chilli, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 Cauliflower, in stalks
- 1/2 Butternut Squash, in chunk
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Large Potatoes, peeled and in chunks
- 1 Aubergine, cut into chunks
- Vegetable Oil
- A small handful of Curry Leaves
- 200 ml light, half-fat Coconut Milk
Blend the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies,ground coriander, turmeric and cumin in a food processor.
Heat a saucepan with a little vegetable or sunflower oil. Fry the paste for a couple of minutes before adding the vegetables. Stir for another couple of minutes before adding the coconut milk and curry leaves. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 30 mins. Keep checking to see if you need to add more water.
Once the veg is tender, remove from the heat and serve with brown or sticky rice.