Roasted Vegetable Vindaloo
This is a recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver and is a delicious curry to serve either at a dinner party, or just as a midweek meal.
You Will Need: (Serves 6 Roasted Vegetable Vindaloo)
For the paste:
- 1 Whole Bulb of Garlic, seperated and peeled
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and chopped
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (omit for vegans)
- 2 tbsp Oil (sunflower/rapeseed/olive)
For the curry:
- 2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cauliflower, broken into florets and sliced
- 3 Red Onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 Large Potatoes, quartered
- 400 g Tin of Chickpeas, drained and washed
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock (bouillon gluten free)
- 200g Bag of Baby Spinach
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Coriander, chopped
Preheat oven to 180*C.
Put your paste ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
In a cast iron casserole dish, fry the the paste for a couple of minutes in a little oil, before adding the onion, cauliflower and potatoes. Add 600ml water and cook in the oven for 40 mins.
Remove from oven and place onto a hob. Add the chickpeas, vegetable stock and tomatoes and cook for a further 30 mins.
Add the spinach to the curry and cook for a further couple of mins, seasoning as appropriate.
Stir through the coriander leaves.
Serve with rice.